2 ½ lb cut up chicken, thigh, or drum sticks, cut to pieces (about 1 ½ inch size)
½ cup peeled garlic (about 10 cloves)
½ cup ginger thin slices (about 10 slices)
A few pieces of red pepper (depending on how hot you like)
½ cup Thai basil
½ cup maruso soy sauce
3/4 cup rice wine
½ cup black sesame oil
1 Table spoon sugar
1 Tea spoon Worcester sauce
1 Tea spoon Ketchup
- Heat sesame oil in deep hot fry pan for about ½ min., put in ginger, garlic, red pepper, stir fly for approx. 1 min.
- Add chicken pieces, then stir fry for about 5 min.
- Put in soy sauce and stir to mix well, cover the pan and cook for 15 min.
- Put in sugar, worcester sauce, ketchup and wine, cook for another 3 min.
- Put in basil and mix.
(1) For smaller amount of chicken, reduce other ingredients proportionally.
(2) You can de-bone the drum sticks if you like.
(3) Most of the juice should evaporate at step 5, If not, thicken it with corn starch and water mixture( ½ tea spoon of corn starch mix with 2 tea spoons of water)