Adapted from Martha Stewart
Makes 20 drummettes.
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Maruso Ghost Soy Sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
2 tablespoons molasses (or dark brown sugar)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger (from one 2-inch piece)
20 chicken drummettes (about 2 pounds)
(1) Whisk together water, Maruso Ghost Soy Sauce, vinegar, molasses (or brown sugar), garlic, and ginger.
(2) Stand 1 drummette upright with narrow bone at top. Holding it by the bone, use a paring knife to push and scrape skin and meat downward to expose bone and make a "lollipop" of chicken at the bottom. Repeat with remaining drummettes.
(3) Place chicken in a shallow, nonreactive dish, and pour marinade on top to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight, turning drummettes once to coat the other side with marinade.
(4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
(5) Transfer chicken drummettes to a roasting pan. Bake, basting with reduced marinade every 5 minutes, until dark brown and cooked through, 20 to 22 minutes.
(6) Serve on platter with drummettes standing up if possible.