- 12 ounces thin fresh noodles, like lo mein
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick, bite-size slices
- 1 TBS finely shredded ginger
- 1tsp + 1TBS Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp + 1TBS Maruso Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely shredded scallions
Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil over high heat and cook noodles until just done, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool, then shake well to remove water. Return noodles to pot, add sesame oil, and toss.
Put chicken in a shallow bowl and add ginger, one teaspoon rice wine, cornstarch, one teaspoon Maruso, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine. In a small bowl, combine remaining one tablespoon rice wine and remaining 1 tablespoon Maruso.
Heat a wok over high heat. Swirl in one tablespoon vegetable oil, add red pepper flakes and stir-fry. Quickly move pepper flakes aside and add chicken, spreading in a single layer to maximize contact with the wok. Let cook undisturbed one minute, until chicken begins to sear. Stir-fry chicken and pepper flakes together, tossing in the wok, for a minute or 2 until just done. Remove to a bowl. Add cabbage and mushrooms and stir-fry one minute until just wilted but not cooked. Empty into the bowl with chicken.
Reheat wok, swirl in remaining one tablespoon vegetable oil, and add noodles. Stir-fry briefly, moving constantly to heat through. Swirl Maruso-rice wine mixture and add to wok along with chicken-vegetable mixture and scallions. Sprinkle salt to taste and stir-fry a minute or 2 until chicken and vegetables are heated through.